Monday, April 27, 2015

Quick Quesadillas

Note: The correct pronunciation is "kay-sa-dee-ah." Don't be a ninny like my mother-in-law by calling it "quess-ah-dill-ah." ;-) (Although it's pretty funny when they do it at a restaurant. Hahaha!)

I encountered my first quesadilla maker while having dinner at my in-laws. I instantly fell in love! I was quite impressed with the ability to make a variety of yummy concoctions in minutes.

While grocery shopping one day I saw a display of shiny red quesadilla makers. At that moment, I knew that I was taking one of those bad boys home with me!

We love our quesadillas! It is such a versatile food. In our house, each of us may have a different quesadilla at the same meal. It’s the norm for us. Some of us like refried beans, some of us enjoy salsa, while others only want cheese. No biggie!

Here is one of our favorite quesadilla recipes.

Cheesy Quesadillas
Servings 4

1 can refried beans (we use fat free)
1 jar of your favorite salsa (mild for us. Yep, we’re sissies!)
1 bag of shredded cheese (Mexican blend is our fave for tacos/quesadillas)
1 package large (10-12 inch) flour tortillas

Note: This is not a “measuring” type of recipe. This is an “add to your liking” recipe.

In a mixing bowl; stir together beans, ¼ to ½ bottle of salsa (use your discretion here), and 1 cup of cheese. Spread the mixture onto 1 large (10-12 inch) tortilla. Sprinkle with more cheese. Top with another tortilla. Bake in the quesadilla maker until golden brown. You could also cook on the stove top using a frying pan.

Try your own concoctions! I enjoy adding fresh spinach leaves to mine.
(Here you can see the quesadilla mix in the plastic bowl.)

(I love fresh spinach!)

(About to be baked!)

Delicioso! (Yeah, I watch Dora the Explorer too!)

Maker Tip: We like to use our quesadilla maker for things other than just quesadillas. It makes great pancakes! Evenly browned and large! We also make 3-4 grilled cheese sandwiches at a time. We don’t mind the triangular shaped grill marks on our pancakes or grilled cheese either!

3 comments:

  1. OH my goodness I need one of these in my life. I could live off things I put in a tortilla or quesadilla in this case. This is great. Thanks for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quesadillas--always a great choice! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week. :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete